BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Life in Form 6

Form 6? College? Matriculation? JPA? Foundation? Well... My choice is pretty much stated in the title. Yeah, its been only 2 weeks but quite a lot has happened, BELIEVE ME!

I registered myself into Penang Free School, which is the school I go to since Form 1. Same as the other schools, the first week was the orientation week for us Lower 6s. As usual, the PFS discipline teachers and prefects will check our attires, hair and nails, making sure they are... well... neat (yeah, short, but neat is what they call it...). Come on, we are pre-university students, let us go already...

Monday:
Speeches are dull and boring, similar to the speeches during assembly I have to attend every Monday before lesson. I gotta say the principal put a shame on PFS by speaking in rotten English and by saying the main objectives of us boys coming back to Form 6 is the girls.

Tuesday:
The next day was pretty much the same to the previous one. Speeches from subject teachers regarding the available subjects for Form 6 are the only thing that is useful to me on that day. The teachers are Ms. Choong Lai Yong for Physics, Pn. Ida Safura for Biology, Mr. Lim Weng Siong for Mathematics S & T, Pn. Akhbarhana for Chemistry, Pn. Molisa for MUET, Pn. Ruby for Pengajian Am, Mr. Hanif for BM, and many more for the Art Stream subjects. Then, there was an ice-breaking session, which I find pretty useless and embarassing at times... We were to group ourselves according to Birth Months, Shoe Size, Favourite colour, etc. etc. etc. Though, I was able to know a girl with the same birthdate as mine, and nearly the same time. If we were born in the same hospital that would freak me out!

Wednesday:
Today we get to tour around Free School, not that I need of. Come on, I've been here for 5 years, cut some slack and let us Free School boys skip this tour will ya? Unfortunately, they won't and we have seperate into 3 groups and proceed to the library, archive room and Pusat Sumber. Then, the Upper 6 Forms spare a little time and told us their experience in Form 6.

Thursday:
The end of our orientation week. Final, boring speeches by the administrations and then we were assigned to our respective classes. I chose Physics and dropped Biology, so my class is 6RB. Unfortunately, the original 6RB class is occupied by 1 of the Form 4 classes because their class will be renovated and turned into an archive room. So, off to the Biology lab instead. A 'Datin Tengku Putri' introduced herself as our form teacher, named Nur Raihan BT. Azmi. She pretty much marked a spot in our mind, by intro-ing with F*** F*** F*** and a few more !@#$%^&*() words....

Thats pretty much all about the orientation week. Then, we got transfered to the Chemistry lab because the Biology lab isn't the lab we were suppose to be in. Over a decade or so, the chemistry lab was in perfect shape and nothing went wrong. But with only 10 days of 6RB students, the chemicals were mixed up and one of the sink was broken, causing water to flow out from its back and front. Luckily there are drains in the lab or it will be flooded.
Reminder to self: NEVER use the chemicals in the back row for practical and experiments...

These are my teachers for my subjects. Ms Choong Lai Yong and Mr. Ooi HS, namely UBO for Physics (Supposingly Pn. Rosmawati, but she's on maternity leave), Datin Tengku Putri Nur Raihan for Chemistry, but changed to a teacher I yet to know her name, Mr Khor Bean Hwa for Mathematics T, Mr. Tan Eng Kheng for MUET and Guru C (anonymous) for PA. Since Guru C is an anonymous teacher, PA is our free period.

Thats pretty much everything about my life in Form 6 until now. However, I'm sure after the holidays my homework will stack up as high as Mount Everest...

Whenever anything new or any event is up, I'll post them here.

Signed off,
Teng Aun

0 comments: