BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Flashback of 2010

Well, within minutes 2010 will budge allowing 2011 to appear.

Its been a LOOOOOOOONG 365 days and I think I'm tougher than who I used to be back in SPM days. 2010 might or might not be a good year, but it did change me. Not to mention all the things that happened, brings me closer to the ugly reality of life.

Lets have a bit of a flashback, starting with the bad memories.

1) Most of you might have known, I've lost a friend due to a very powerful object, money. I know I've stressed this thing many times, but some grudges take longer than you would expect to let it go. I still can't though. Knowing a friend's true face with money ain't exactly sweet memories for me. But this did toughen me up, knowing I can't trust people so easily.

2) Anya passed away.
A good girl at heart, and a cheerful, loud, innocent girl in the outside. Its sad to see her go so quickly. May you rest in peace.

3) Dragon boat incident. One of my campmate's brother was a victim. I don't really know about the sport, but as I can see, its pretty dangerous. Eventhough some disasters rarely happen, one should not forget safety precautions. Its a sad thing to have deaths in this case, but this just shows that life is uncertain, and please be careful of everything we do. May they rest in peace.


Enough of these bad memories, I need to think of some positive ones to make my mood better...

1) I'm recognised as a Red Crescent member.

Its a must to attend this event in order to be recognised. Once this event is done, you're officially a first aider. I expected a very formal ceremony, but it turned out to be a pretty fun... outing.

2) Attended Flag Day.
Its the day most people feared. Practically some people who knew about this day would hide in homes to prevent being asked for donation. Its a pretty good experience though, I get to see a lot of different personalities. Some were very kind, some were snobbish, some were ignorants, some purposely avoid at the sight of us, and 1 particular person whom I met... I think he is crazy... A real eye-opener, that day.

3) Attended PFS Cross Country Run.
I still don't get why its called Cross Country. Its just 15KM, barely even Cross State... It is kinda hard for me to accomplish the top 50 positions, since I am physically-deteriorated... Gotta train my stamina a lot now...

4) Attended PFS Sports Day.
B-O-R-I-N-G! If I wasn't in charge first aid, I wouldn't even attend.

5) Attended the Khoo Family Reunion.
It was a dinner for the entire Khoo family. I've met people I never seen before, and not knowing I'm actually related to them. I even saw foreigners, since I see a white guy wearing kilt. Must be Swedish...

6) Attended the PFS Librarian Trip to Peng Hwa.
I gotta say, its probably the best trip I've ever taken in 7 years of studying in PFS. We get to see how advanced Peng Hwa is, and how... ancient PFS is... We even went to Sri Peranakan after than to see the Nyonya culture.

7) Took part in the PFS 6th Form Orientation Games.
In 2009, we got served. 2010, its the lower form's turn to get served. Paints, check. Sparkles, check. Water balloons, check. Flour, check. Now lets go torture these little kids!!! Maybe I should have said these back then....

8) Had my 1st blood donation.
My 1st time donating blood. I'm not really afraid of needles, but I'm not a big fan of the pain either. Good thing I was mature enough not to scream in pain. It wasn't that bad when they suck your blood out using the tube, it was the time they poke into your vein that had a very painful pinch-like pain. After that, it became boring... Too bad the girl I donate blood to passed away. Seeing how she fought her way through leukemia, I admire her strength. Never saw anyone as optimistic as her, and she had this disease on top of it. May she rest in peace.

9) Straightened my hair.
No, I did not do this by myself. I kinda wish I knew how. My aunt helped me with it when she came back from Singapore. Like it, love it, livin' it. Too bad its gone now, since my hair grew, and its curly... Waiting for Jun next year... Time to keep my hair long, so don't be startled to see my lion-like hair when you meet me. Its kinda like a cauliflower now when I don't comb it.

10) Bought contacts.
Glasses began to bug me. Every time I run, they shake, ruining my vision. Every time I sweat, it drips and flows into my eyes. Every time I rub my eyes, the glasses got blurred. Every time I eat hot food, the steam blurred my vision... So I decided to get contacts. Took me 30 minutes to put it on the 1st time, now I only need less than 5 minutes.

11) Helped and attended the King And I PFS play.
The play was pretty good, very unexpected of the actors/actresses to act so well, considering what I saw during training time. The one thing I regret is helping them. The suitcase I borrowed, was slightly damaged, and its a very ancient suitcase that cannot be found in stores anymore. I wasted my time finding stuffs for the play, and ending up having my cert with my name misspelled... I sent it back for correction and never got it back since. This is the appreciation I get for wasting my time.

12) Attended prom night for PFS.
I still remember freaking out not having a mask to wear. I still remember the hairdo I had, thanks to Melvin for helping me. It turned out great. I still remember making my way to my uncles house in Batu Feringghi to borrow a suit. I still remember the sucky food they served. I still remember the awesome people who attended. It was a wonderful night.

13) Had a birthday bash in school.
It was 2 days earlier but since I'm busy on the real day, my friends decided to throw a suprise party in class. And as you can see, I got cake-smacked... My 1st time ever getting smacked in the face with a cake... It was probably the best and worst birthday ever... I had lots of friends celebrating it with me and it was fun, but on the real day I had 2 consecutive tuitions... And Mr. Sim put me in shame by pointing out my mistakes out loud to about 100 students JUST because its my birthday =.=

14) Last but not least, attended my 1st paintball match.
Already explained it in the previous post, go take a look.

15) I've sat for STPM, and completed it. Probably the best memory I had in 2010, but it might be the worst when I take my results near March. I may regret taking Form 6, But one thing for sure, I never regret meeting everyone I know on the way. I may have some clashes with some though, but that just made me stronger.

Ahhhh, its been a while since I've ever written a post this long, my hands must've been rusty... Lots of things has happened in 2010, and it made me a better person, I hope... Life is unpredictable, whatever happens in 2011 I might or might not wanted it to, but I have no control of it. All I can do now, is pray that 2011 is a better year compared to 2010, and same to 2012, 2013 and henceforth. Theres nothing wrong with wishing for a better year, isn't it?



2010 is past now. Happy New Year people, welcome 2011 with big hands, and I wish everyone the best in whatever they do, and accomplished more than what we already did in 2010.



Signed off,
Teng Aun.

0 comments: