BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 31, 2011

Ka Ching!

I got my 1st paycheck! To protect privacy no pics taken of my cheque :P

Its surprising how I survived 2 weeks of work. Working at Borders isn't necessary my ticket to sweet luxury, but it definitely is an experience. Learning basically everything about my work just makes me realise there are so many other things to learn. I thought my library experience might help out in this job but it turn out to be a complete useless info that hasn't helped me one bit.

Sure, there are some dramas in Borders, but where can I find a place without one? Heck, my own house sometimes felt like a scene from a soap opera, but I'm still the spectator of course :P One good thing about the dramas in Borders is that it usually won't last long. Even if it do, they will just ignore it and move on. Better than not being able to face each other right? That would be terrible, seeing how we have to work together.

Ah.... My paycheck I received today was the 1st penny I ever earned (I don't count that 'Survival' Camp pay as 'earning', more like struggling in hell). It felt great actually, shreds out the feeling of being a useless guy *momentarily*.

I've also received my contract, and wow, the people preparing these contracts must have a thesaurus by them all the time. Either that or their brain is a thesaurus itself. The formality of the letter seemed as if its a royal letter from the king. Not to mention the usual twist 'N' turns, making me flip the page back and forth so many times... Group it up, people... CONVENIENCE IS KEY!

I actually met a lot of great people working there. Not to mention the different... personalities each and everyone displayed at work. Its fun knowing more variety of people now, makes my eyes open wider.

Borders is the 1st place I've ever worked out of my house, so I don't really have any comparison with other places to see which is better or worse. Will I continue working, or regret it? Its still too early to say anything, since its only 2 weeks, but I hope its not the latter.

Things will decide by themselves once my results for STPM arrives. I never want that day to happen, but it will make a HUGE difference. Sigh,I'm not sure if I can handle all that... Just send me into coma and let everything pass.

Signed off,
Kelvin.

P.S. Someone banged my car today. That person is someone I know, but I doubt you will be reading this anyway. For a moment I thought maybe this is the time for me to get a coma, but not :P Instead, I had to go out and check my car, check yours, and delay time from going to a washroom back at home since my stomach hurts so badly =.=lll Luckily my car is fine or there goes my paycheck... Received and flew.


0 comments: