BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Night of The King And I

4th of July, the day America celebrate Independence Day, Penang Free School proudly presents, a musical, The King And I...
.
The idea of having it in Dewan Sri Pinang instead of the school hall is because its the last year Pn. Malini will be directing a play, and also because my school headmaster decided to retire the next year (but though, he withdrew his retirement...).

No, I am no more a propsmen, as the Sea Scouts had enough member to help out with the backstage... We were given a RM10 discount on the tickets as a token of 'appreciation', and sadly, I don't really see the sincerity. I always thought to myself, its okay, think of it as a help to a friend, but if they were ever rude to me, I'll withdraw the fan, suitcase, parasol, the ladder (and give back to the KH room) and the gong (to return to my teacher). The crew members were cool, I just despite how Pn. Malini treat us, and gave us her sour face look (WE HELPED YOU FOR GOD SAKE!).

Okay never mind that, lets move on. The booklet looked as of below, kinda pixelated...

I had to pick up SauFei to the play, and I was afraid of traffic and parking problems so I went there 1 hour earlier (or more). Met up with Linges to hand in his ticket, and walked around Esplanade for a while. Met too many people whom I knew, Mr. Khor, Wil Sern, Charlene's partner, Pn. Suriya, etc. etc. etc. Had a few vain moments.
Finally its time to see the play. I took a seat WAY to far from the stage... It has a clear view, but its hard for photo taking... Not to mention the lighting was so strong, it would be perfect for photo taking upfront, and terrible farback...

The King and I is about a Siam King, being addressed as a barbarian by the English, so he hired an English teacher to teach him English and well... manners... King Mongkut was played by Brian John Dorai and Anna Lenowens played by Charisma Suhashini. Theres a long list of cast to be mentioned, so if you wanna know, tell me, and I'll show you the booklet. Notice my pictures are of x5 zoom with flash off to prevent light over-saturation and people looking at me like a weirdo.


I loved this picture most... She didn't glow by the way, the lighting made it this way...
All in all I gotta say, I was shocked by their performance... They didn't do a good job, they did a SPLENDID job. I was amazed that Charisma could actually sing so well, and sang better than any other singer in the play... Brian was also great and hilarious in the play...

At the end of the play, I was supposed to send Gahjen home but I forgot! I left him at Dewan Sri Pinang :P Luckily there are other people to send him home...

4th of July, 2010 was a memorable night.

Signed off,
Teng Aun.

0 comments: