BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Nyonya-Style Dinner

I seem to be crapping a lot about nonsense in this blog nowadays... Ah well, these seems to release some stress outta me so why not? 2 days ago, went to Perut Merah, a Bungalow-Style Nyonya-Food Restaurant. In the outside, it looks like an old house that was just given a paint job. Inside, the atmosphere was totally different... Beautifully decorated... But of course, such beautifully decorated places don't serve food priced at RM1~5... and I was right... Simple dishes could actually skyrocket to the top...

This shot is great for "Little Nyonya" DVD cover.. haha!

Brought our own wine, 5 litres. God, there's only 13 people, 5 litre is a little too much... Well anyways, my uncle is vegetarian, so he gotta walk to the opposite side of the road to buy vegetraian sub from SUBWAY. Got bored waiting for food so I took pictures of items close to my seat.
Old time equipments... with a vase of flower.

After that, dinner was served. It was neither suprising, special or good, since most of the dishes are what my mom use to make at home, and mom's cooking are always the best *slurp*! Everybody keep helping themselves with the food before I could even take a picture of the dishes...
Nasi Ulam... and other dishes...

As we all know, the eating process won't take long, probably 20~30 minutes, and all the food was cleared up. Then, its the talking session. That day, every single aunt and uncle from my father's side of the family (practically, my grandma's childen) came. I was the only one from my generation. My sister, cousins and relatives were all absent. So, no conversation for me... They keep talking about finance, political stuffs, Malaysian status, etc. etc. I was listening to my MP3 all along, and my aunt called me anti-social... Sigh, there was nothing much to talk about that time anyways, those weren't exactly my favourite topic...

I thought the talking session would be over soon, but to my deep anger, it lasted 3 LONG HOURS! I've listened to the same song repeating over and over again just to wait for them to finish their conversation. They stayed so long because there were loads of leftover for the wine... I prefer driving to Kuala Lumpur than to sit in this boring occasion... Hopefully I don't get invited to such occasions anymore... Keeping my fingers crossed my parents and any of my uncles/aunts won't see this...

Signed off,
Teng Aun.

0 comments: