BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Exhausting Trip to Penang Hill

I should have blogged about this last week, but I've gotten really lazy about it. The 6RD gang decided to go to Moongate and hike up to No.5 Rest Place (or at least, thats what they told me). So, Having nothing much to do, I decided to follow them since I needed the exercise. We were to meet up at Moongate by 7 A.M. I reached about 10 minutes late, and not 1 person from 6RD has arrived. Its only me, Sau Fei and Eu Teong. Great spirit huh?

After 20 minutes, people started pouring in. Gahjen, Shyamala, Linges, Thina, Hui Yee, Charlene, Randy, and more came. About 10 minutes before 8, we decided to start our journey.

Moongate.

As we hike up, we decided to follow the tough road, the jungle road, instead of the staired road. That's because they wanna catch bugs for their project and they THOUGHT they will catch more insect using the jungle road. Thina, you should eat those words, because hell yeah, you were wrong... Music freak I am, listening to my MP3 while we were hiking. Gotta bite my MP3 because some part were too difficult I need both hands just to balance myself. And yeah, my pocket was already full with my wallet, phone, key, etc. etc. etc.

Once reached No.5 Rest Place, I thought this was the end, we would all hike down back to Moongate. But then, Mr.Thina has to step up and say "No enough insects la, lets go higher la", I was... *okiknowicantattendthemeetingalready*. Hesitating at 1st, I decided to just follow them. It is a group hike anyways, so it should be fun. We hiked and hiked and hiked till we hiked our asses up. On our way were jungles, trees, noises of Hui Yee screaming, trees, trees, tr... have I said trees? Also, there is a mini waterfall on our way, connecting to a small concrete pool (or something). The water is very cooling, and not to mention, CLEAN! Though, we don't dare to drink it since heaven knows what other people did near the main source of the water. Me, being with the early groups that hiked with increased speed, get to enjoy them 1st. Then, we got mesmerized by Erwins ability to squirt water FAR FAR away with both hands. Hui Yee, being the playful one, splashes water at everyone, including me... I enjoy the cool, but not the wetness...

After a few more minutes or struggling, we finally reached No.84 Rest Place. Everyone was drop dead tired, except for a few stamina-charged ones... There were puppies there, and most of us got excited about it. We took a break, had drinks and food, and decided to hike up AGAIN, since no enough bugs were collected.

Rest Place No.84 most of us look dreadfully absorbed...

Thina wants to use the jungle road to hike up, but I think, I THINK, he provoked the monkeys that were on our way. Not only him though, the growned up dog is fighting with the monkey too. So, we decided to use the tar road. BAD IDEA though, the sign reads 30 degrees of slunt, but I think, to me, it was 45 degree... The slope was terrible, I could barely hike more after 100 metre... We had to rest every junction we met, or every place with opportunities to rest. It was TERRIBLE.

Though, I developed a quick way to reach the top, RUNNING. I know it might sound absurd to most of you, but running do help. I get tired more easily but it can easily be rid off with power-rest. I get to chase Sau Fei, who went up superly fast. Though, I could only eat his ashes after catching up with him... Man he can hike... Its as if they put on GameShark and on Infinite Stamina... Anyways Eu Teong and I slowly hike up to Penang Hill, and when we finally saw the fountain, HELL YEAH WE REACHED!!!

Went to the coffee shop to meet up with Sau Fei and Randy, the two fastest hikers in the bunch. Waited for a few more minutes and the rest of the group came pouring in. Relaxed with 100Plus. Before I could pay for the drinks, its finished... Drank a can of 100Plus in about 10 seconds... Imagine the thirst...

Later, we decided to hike down to Botanical Gardens. Charlene and Randy decided to take the train down, so we decided to take a few photos as memories of this trip. Of course, I asked them to use my phone as camera, haha!

Photographer, Sau Fei. Thina:Ready...
Thina: Get set...
Thina: CATCH!

After moments of fun at the peak, we hiked down to Botanical Gardens using the tarred road. This is where the bug catching fiesta happened. A lot of big butterflies roam around over there. Thina, carrying the net, run back and forth to catch'em. Boy, great catcher he was, one swing, BAAM! Butterfly caught... The slopes of the road were devastating, so I had to walk reversely to protect my legs...

As we reached the bottom, HELL YEAH FINALLY! ITS THE GROUND FLOOR BABY! Reached Moongate at 7 A.M. before the hike starts, reached Penang Hill around 12 P.M., and reached the bottom at 2.45P.M. Drove straight home, bathe and went straight to bed...

Well, thats all for the trip. It was a one of a kind experience, and thats to that, I developed fever the next day...

Signed off,
Teng Aun.

0 comments: