BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 31, 2009

The 18th Time

I should have blogged this earlier like the other posts, but then again, I was lazy...

Last week, Saturday was my 18th birthday. Most people get excited about this, but until now, I still don't see why. The only thing that I actually am happy about is that I am FINALLY considered an adult now. No more 'boohoggies', 'pickaboo' and 'rubbytucky' treatments from other people anymore... But now, if I kill someone, I gotta go to jail for life, instead of a juvenile *sigh*..... Uhhh... don't worry I won't do it though...

My birthdays were boring, as usual. But this year was an experience. I followed Sau Fei, Eu Teong, Kerry, Ann Gie, and Audrey to the SGGS Interaction in, of course, St. George. Again, received a wake up call by Eu Teong as always when there is an outdoor activity with him. Went to pick up Sau Fei and go straight to SGGS. At the reception, I was pretty shocked I'm the only non-interactor among all the other people there... Got my hand drawed with an 'S' shape.

Later, we were seated and to buy some time, the Mistresses of Ceremony came down from the stage to... well... interact. Loads of crap actually, just plain basic questions. "Whats your favourite ice-cream?", "Where are you from?" and worse of all, to some people, "Are you gay?"... Then, we were divided into groups accoring to the shapes of the drawings on our hand. My group consist of a fwe people, ALL WERE YOUNGER THAN ME!!!! I felt like an uncle in that group... The groups representatives have to go up the stage and be informed about the activities we have to perform (YES, PERFORM!). Me, being the oldest, were asked to go up... I wondered why I joined this event... Upstage, we were told to pick a song and DANCE!!! Urgh, my worse nightmare... I don't even wanna tell what out song was, it was pretty shameful... Sau Fei's group had to perform 1st, and they did a good job. Then, Ann Gie and Eu Teong's group gotta perform... They did a good job I must say. After them was my group's turn... But luckily, time is running out, so we escaped *PHEW*! Later, There were performances by Interact Club Members (I THINK) from other schools. St. Xaviers did a pretty darn good job, I must say. I almost feel ashamed when a girl did her shuffling steps, when I can't even shuffle...

Then, lunch time, nothing much to say about it. After lunch, back to performances, by Chung Ling High School. They just sang songs, and the last song they sang was pretty damn good. Then, back to dancing, performance by PENANG FREE SCHOOL! Why did I highlight that... Anyways, they were dancing normally, till they put the wrong song in the backstage... They gotta re-do every step again, poor them... But they did a good job, to my suprise... Afterwards, we gotta get into pairs, tie up a balloon in between the pair's legs, and try to burst other people's balloon... Well, me and Eu Teong lasted long enough, then we decided to just move aside, AND LUCKILY WE DID, cause 10 minutes after it was over, the audience were ambushed with a FLOUR ATTACK!!! I managed to avoid it though... After that, funs over, time to go home.

At night, dinner with my family at Penang Chinese Swimming Club. Boy, its been a long while since I ever been there... It was my godmother's birthday as well, so we celebrate it together. It was a plain, chatty dinner with the family, nothing special happened, except I received a gift of uncle Martin, 2 mugs, 1 with my picture smiling, the other with a picture of me sleeping...

Anyways thats pretty much all that happened that day... The pictures of the installation were god damn blur, so I didnt post it here, and no picture taken during dinner...

Signed off,
Teng Aun.

0 comments: