BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

School Surprise!

Today, February 10th, is the birthday of the headmaster of Penang Free School, Tuan Haji Ramli Bin Din. Coincidentally, it falls on Wednesday, which is the day we have our long, long assembly, out at the field, under the hot, hot sun... Since, today IS his birthday, I guessed that the assembly would last for about 2 hours, I was torn between going to school, or just sleep at home. What if the assembly finishes on time? I would miss Physics. What if the assembly DON'T finish on time? The whole day would be a complete waste...

Anyhow, I've decided to go to school, knowing my legs will sore till bones will crack. When the assembly starts, the announcements were made, and out principal was called to give his speech, as he always have in every assembly, even the senior assistants. When he stood up, the school band plays a sort of... happy song, and continued eventhough the principal asked to stop. Then, it is announced that the teachers and staffs planned a 'surprise' for him...

Afterwards, there was cake cutting ceremony, and a poem presentation by Brian John Dorai and Stephanie Teh. This was my response when I heard about the poem.

To Stephanie : Please forgive her, she's new here....
To Brian : Excuse me, are you serious?!

Not to mention I was actually laughing when they recite them... I don't actually remember all of the poem so I can't write them down here, I'm a human after all. Picture taking session, bla bla bla, finally, its his turn to give a speech...

As usual, his tone is confident, and slightly arrogant. It is as if he knew about the 'surprise'... His speech was short, surprisingly... Another cake cutting ceremony, this time baked by the hostel students. It was 'slightly' delayed because it just came out of the oven...

After all of these was done, awards were given out to teachers and staffs who gave their service to the school for more than 15 years. Mr Ho Nean Chan was called first, followed by Mr. David Ch'ng, Cik Norazmila, Mr. Lim Ah Seng (woa, I didn't expect this), Mr Khor Bean Hwa (visit beanhwak.blogspot.com for Math problems and even Further Math, mostly Form 6, and some... interesting... proofs of Mathematical Laws), Mr Ibrahim(staff) and Pn. Ong(staff).

Finally, assembly came to an end. Took only 50 minutes, much earlier than I predicted. So Physics lesson is still on. Feeling happy, cause her lesson is interesting and VERY helpful, but... *sigh* sometimes I still see stars... Her teaching can hardly be found in reference books...

Well, aside from that, sometime really controversial happened in school today... I will not reveal it, as I might get in trouble, the same case as the ARO members... Its seriously shocking that it happened... I have to be EXTRA EXTRA careful when I roam around school now... Well what the heck, like I will get involved in this disgraceful conduct...

Signed off,
Teng Aun.

0 comments: