BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

601-K Four Generation Khoo Family Reunion

Okay, I owe too much post already, so I'll try to spare some time and go all out today. Beginning of the month, my far-far-far relatives who are still in Penang planned a reunion for the entire existing Khoo family in Tanjung Bungah Hotel. How I wish I have DSLR (and, of course, the skill to use it...) for this event. My cousin brother automatically became the photographer, since he works as one. Though, my cellphone is still my loyal, picture-taking toy.


As you can see, my even-further-relatives came as well. Heck I've never met about half of them. Neither did my sister. The photoshoot session took damn long, and the weather was hot and damp, eventhough it rained as the photoshoot session ended. At first, I was wet because of my sweat, then I was wet again due to the rain...

Haha, my nephew, cute?


Besides it being a reunion, its to promote the culture of the extinct Baba Nyonya clan. Almost all of the women wore Baju Kebaya to the event, well, the 3rd Generation did. Besides clothing, some of the most famous creation that symbolises Baba Nyonya is their beaded items, be it purse or shoes. An example below, made by my aunt.
Afterwards, its time to dig in! We were moved to an outdoor Buffet-Style-Hut-Restaurant.

One thing they could not predict; weather. It started to pour slowly, and drifted to a heavy downpour... It is impossible to even BE outside, so we were shifted to the bar nearby.
Minutes later, we had to move to a multi-funtional ballroom nearby. It was where we relaxed before the event started, now it became a dining room...
The food sucked. I always go for seconds for the main course when it comes to buffet, but not this one. Only the refreshment stand attracts me. Later, the was a performance by a musician who plays the olden instrument. I do not know the name of it, sorry.
Later, a little 'pageant'. its a little controversial to some, so I'll only post one picture on it, and let you readers decide what it is.
But I guess its pretty obvious ain't it? Thats all for the day.

Signed off,
Teng Aun.

0 comments: